BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

-A Different Kind Of Wedding-

Okay, so I wasn't alone at the wedding ceremony.. Three of my dear friends decided to join me last minute.. Like seriously, LAST MINUTE!! Hehe.. Anyway, I don't blame them.. As long as I wasn't alone, that was good enough for me..

So, we arrived there at about 1pm and at that time the couple has already united as husband and wife.. Meaning they already had their akad nikah.. We arrived just in time for the bersanding ceremony.. And let me tell you about the atmosphere of the wedding ceremony, it was totally different from any weddings I've been to as this is my first time attending an Indian Muslim wedding.. Definitely unique! In a good way, of course..

The food was okay as we had the normal nasi beriani and a few Indian dishes.. What's different is the "door gift".. They gave us Laddu or Laddoo.. It's an Indian sweets/dessert made out of flour and a variety of other ingredients formed into balls.. I was familiar with the sweets but not those three.. When they tried the sweets, they made funny faces that are just so adorable.. I had to hold myself from laughing.. You guys are so cute!! Hehe.. Anyway, you can click here to find out more about the sweets..

Finally, it was time to go back.. But before that, picture time! Hehe.. We couldn't pass up on an opportunity like this.. It's like once in a lifetime, who knows when we'll get the chance to attend another Indian Muslim wedding.. Anyway, I really had fun at the wedding.. It was an experience I'll never forget.. To the bride and groom, I pray that you'll live happily ever after together and may Allah bless you both always.. Good luck on your marriage life!
(^_^)

P/S: Here are a few pictures from the wedding.. Enjoy! (^_^)




0 Witticism(s):